If you have a big test or an exam week coming up, you may be looking for ways to stay relaxed and increase your chances of doing well.
Another powerful tool for staying calm and acing that test is positive affirmations. Telling your brain that you expect to do well on the test will help align your behavior to accomplish it. You can learn more here: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
Positive Affirmations for Preparing for a Test
Here are some affirmations that you can use in the days leading up to your test. You may choose one or more, or you may wish to write your own.
Positive affirmations can be especially effective for helping you get the outcome you desire when you use them in the present tense, repeat them confidently to yourself multiple times a day, and use them just before you fall asleep.
- I enjoy the subject for which I am studying.
- I am great at taking tests.
- I am looking forward to showing off my knowledge of this subject.
- I study hard and learn this material well.
- My memory is great, and I easily recall information that I have learned.
- I pass exams easily.
- I feel relaxed and confident during tests.
- I am looking forward to a great score on this test.
- I have great study skills, and I learned this subject easily.
- Studying hard is natural and enjoyable for me.
- Taking exams and proving my knowledge is fun for me.
- I have learned everything I need to know to do well on this test.
- I am a good student.
- I am smart and have a great memory.
- I love being challenged by interesting subjects.
- I am thankful for the great education I am receiving.
- I am always focused during exams.
- I easily prepare for and take all tests.