Quitting smoking may be one of the most difficult things a person can do. Nicotine is highly addictive, and it can be something that people fight with for months or years.
There are many techniques that can help a person who is quitting nicotine, including getting lots of exercise and using other stress relieving techniques to replace the feelings smoking usually produces.
One of the tools that can help you make the positive changes you want to achieve in your life is positive affirmations. You can learn more about what they are and how they help here: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
Positive Affirmations for Quitting Smoking
Here are some positive affirmations that we’ve written specific to giving up smoking. You may use one or more of these or write your own.
Positive affirmations should be said to yourself with confidence, in the present tense as though they are already facts. This helps your brain adjust your behavior to align with them.
- With every breath I take, my lungs are cleaner and healthier.
- I love myself, and I use positive stress reduction techniques.
- I am in control of my actions, and I make positive, healthy choices every day.
- I am worthy of being healthy and strong.
- My organs are clean and healthy because of my daily choices.
- I feel calm and peaceful.
- I choose to keep my lungs and other organs healthy.
- I inhale only clean, fresh air.
- I easily dismiss all but healthy, calm thoughts.
- It’s easy for me to choose healthy habits.
- My lungs are strong, and I can perform all physical activities easily.
- Every day, I am getting healthier and stronger.
- I deserve healthy, fresh air for my body.
- I manage my stress in healthy ways.
- I easily let go of troubling thoughts and embrace only positive, healthy impulses.
Repeat the affirmation or affirmations you’ve chosen whenever you need to, to help get through cravings. It’s also a good idea to repeat them to yourself several times when you first get up and as you are falling asleep at night.