If you’ve ever skipped a workout because you were feeling down in the dumps, unmotivated, or just too busy, you’re not alone. Keeping up with an exercise routine can be difficult, but it’s necessary for good health and emotional well-being.
You can use positive affirmations to help you start, stick with, and get the most out of your exercise. These positive statements, repeated confidently to yourself in the present tense, day after day, help your brain influence your behaviors to align with them. Learn more: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
List of Exercise-Related Positive Affirmations
Here are some specific affirmations you can use to help support your exercise routine. You can choose one or several to suit your situation. You can also use them as a jumping-off point for writing your own personalized exercise affirmations.
- I am motivated to exercise daily.
- My body and mind feel great because I exercise routinely.
- I look forward to my daily exercise time.
- I love to exercise.
- I find it easy to stick with a fitness routine.
- I make time to take care of myself, so I can stay healthy and strong.
- I am important and worthy of staying healthy.
- Exercising is fun, and I’m good at it.
- I am naturally inclined to stay fit and move my body.
- I am fit and trim.
- Exercise is a habit for me.
- I am flexible.
- I have vast amounts of energy and enjoy expending it through physical activity.
- My mood is stable and happy due to my daily exercise.
- Exercising is easy and enjoyable for me.