Frankincense oil helps some people with their skin health. It’s used in anti-wrinkle and anti-scar creams and might also help with acne. If you want to make a frankincense skin cream at home with organic, quality ingredients, you can. It’s easy and fun. Here’s a recipe to get you started, and you can adjust it per your specific skin needs.
- 20 drops pure frankincense essential oil *, **
- 2 ounces shea butter#AD or solid coconut oil#AD
- In a glass bowl, combine shea butter or coconut oil and essential oil. Use a hand mixer to beat together until mixture has whipped consistency.
- Store in glass container and use small amount as needed.
Note: mixture might melt if room temperature gets over 75° or so. Refrigerate to re-set and re-whip as needed.
* Don’t choose an oil with packaging that says “fragrance oil” or “perfume oil.” Look for “pure” or “100% essential oil.”
** You may add additional essential oils that have skin healing properties, such as lavender or myrrh. Decrease frankincense and add other oils to make 20 drops total.
1 thought on “How to Make Frankincense Skin Cream at Home”
I was so excited to making my own recipe, I got the ingredients together the next day and started using the cream on my hands and arms. I decided on the shea butter, but in the future I might use the coconut oil during the warmer months because I love the smell of coconut. Well, it’s been a week and I can definitely say this stuff has really helped. My skin is not so itchy and the fine lines from being dehydrated are gone on my hands. It feels good using a natural cream that I not only know all of the ingredients, but I put together myself.