If you suffer from anxiety, every day can be a challenge. Anxiety can impact so many areas of your life, from health to relationships to missed opportunities.
Relieving your anxiety so you can enjoy life more may require attacking it from multiple angles. Some great tools include mindfulness exercises like meditation, deep breathing, aromatherapy, and yoga. You should also talk with your doctor to see whether talk therapy or other treatments might help you.
Positive affirmations are a powerful tool that you can use concurrently with other techniques to help you manage anxiety. Repeating positive phrases confidently to yourself, in the present tense, can help your brain modify your feelings and behaviors to relieve your anxiety. You can learn more about positive affirmations and how they work here: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
Positive Affirmations to Reduce Anxiety
Here are some positive affirmations you can use to combat anxiety. You may wish to use these as written, choose one or two to focus on, or use them as a stepping stone toward writing your own personalized statements.
- All is well with me; I am OK.
- I am equipped to handle today’s situations.
- The Universe works with me for my general good.
- I am peaceful and calm.
- Peace enters me with each breath I take.
- I am happy to be alive, and I’m doing well.
- I look forward to the good things today will bring me.
- I’m excited about the future.
- I embrace change as a way for me to grow and learn.
- I am a strong, capable person.
- I am smart and know how to deal with unforeseen circumstances.
- I notice all the simple goodness around me at all times.
- I love myself and am happy with who I am now.
- I attract positivity to me as I go through my day.
- I am good at caring for myself.
- Everything I need comes to me as I need it.
For maximum benefit, use your chosen affirmation(s) first thing in the morning, as you’re falling asleep at night, and anytime you feel anxious throughout the day.