If you have trouble falling or staying asleep, you know that few things cause as much anxiety and frustration. Sleep is necessary for good physical and mental health.
Routinely practicing yoga, deep breathing, meditation, and mindfulness can all help improve your ability to fall asleep and the quality of that sleep. Another way to help yourself with sleep problems is through positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself, in the present tense, about a feeling you want to maintain or experience, a change you want to see in your life, or an outcome that you want to achieve. You can learn more about what affirmations are and how they work here: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
Positive Affirmations to Help You Sleep Better
Here are some affirmations that can improve your sleep. You may choose one, several, or even write your own using these as a guideline.
- I release today and welcome rest.
- I embrace the new possibilities of tomorrow.
- Sleep comes easily to me and is deeply restful.
- I allow myself to sleep well and be rested and ready for tomorrow.
- I am thankful for today and all that it offered me.
- I welcome peaceful sleep.
- I embrace the stillness and restorative qualities of night.
- I always sleep well, and I awake healthier and happier.
- My bedroom is safe, peaceful, and cozy.
- My body knows how to sleep perfectly, and I always get a great night’s sleep.
- I feel relaxed and sleepy when I enter my room. I naturally wind down and fall asleep.
- Sleep is pleasant for me, and my body cares for itself while I slumber.
- I awake each morning refreshed from a great night’s sleep.