A well-known technique for helping a person create positive change in their life is the use of affirmations. These are positive statements that you say to yourself repeatedly, with authority. They can help you increase your confidence in handling life’s situations well, and they can help you reach your goals. You can learn more about them here: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
One area in which positive affirmations can help you is in attaining your fitness and weight loss goals. Anyone who has tried to lose weight knows that there are times when it can be difficult to stick to your plan. You may start to doubt your ability to succeed, and this can lead to self-sabotage.
Affirmations for Fitness and Weight Loss
You can certainly write your own affirmations. Take a look at the article, “How to Write Your Own Positive Affirmations,” to learn how. Here, we’ve created a list of positive affirmations related to fitness and weight loss that you may wish to use. Remember, positive affirmations are always written and said in the present tense. This helps your brain to accept them as truth and then influence your behavior accordingly.
- I am grateful for my body and how it knows what to do to keep me healthy.
- I love and accept myself.
- I make healthy choices daily that are good for my body and well-being.
- I embrace all positive behaviors and feelings surrounding food and food choices.
- My body is strong, and I enjoy exercising to stay healthy.
- I accept my body and am thankful for everything it has gotten me through.
- My body is an amazing machine, and I make choices that keep it healthy and strong.
- I am so happy to be me; I love and accept myself.
- I live a healthy lifestyle.
- I exercise because it makes me feel good.
- Every choice I make increases my well-being and health.
- I am an active person, and that helps me stay healthy.
- I love choosing nutritious foods that maximize my health and my body’s functioning.
- Every day, I am healthier and stronger.
- It is easy for me to make healthy choices for my own body.
- I know how to provide my body with what it needs to be strong, healthy, and fit.
- I attract good things into my life.
- I am beautiful, smart, and healthy, and good things come to me.
You may wish to choose 2 or 3 of these affirmations (or write your own) to repeat for 5 minutes twice a day. You can also use them if you are having a challenge such as a poor food choice craving or a desire to skip a work-out.