Positive affirmations can help people who would like to change things in their lives. They are statements that are repeated to oneself with confidence, in the present tense, in order to help the brain accept and activate a change in behavior.
You can learn more general information about them here: “Positive Affirmations for Stress Reduction.”
Specific Affirmations for Fighting Alcohol Abuse
If you struggle with alcohol abuse, it’s important to get professional support and guidance. Here, we’ve listed some positive affirmations that you can use to help you in your journey to giving up alcohol dependence. You can also write your own affirmations that are specific to you and your situation.
- I am strong, and I’m healthier every day.
- I treat my body with respect and kindness.
- I give up my past, and I move confidently into the future.
- I honor my past as shaping who I am. I am a good person.
- I make good choices for my health and happiness.
- I give my body the nourishment it needs to thrive.
- I am worthy of health, peace, and joy.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I have healthy habits.
- I know how to keep my body and mind healthy and strong.
- I draw positive energy and healthy change into my life.
- I am worthy of love from myself and others.
- I am grateful for all of the learning experiences in my past.
Choose one or more of these affirmations, and repeat them to yourself with confidence several times a day. If you can say them out loud, do so, but saying them to yourself is fine, too.
Saying affirmations while you are falling asleep is particularly powerful.